Photo by Austin B. Hahn
Credit to Sasha, a professional palera based in San Diego, who taught me this cleansing and sent me the materials pictured above. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also order her products online at www.botanicahavana.bigcartel.com.
- Agua de florida (Florida Water)
- Cascarilla (egg shell powder)
- Charcoal (Three Kings brand which you can find at www.threekings.com)
- Esencia Perfume Oil azar
- Esencia Perfume Oil Jazmín
- Esencia Perfume Oil Mirra
- Flor de azahar
- Florida Water soap
- Incense by Botanic Havana (contains seven blossoms, dried up roses, frankincense, myrrh, and copal.)
- Lirio (lily extract)
- Red cloth
- Rattle viper sperm incense (from Laredo Mistycals Co.)
- Tin foil
- Vamsi Dhari Perfume Oils Almizcle
- White flower petals of your choosing
Note: This cleansing will take five days.
Put the rattle viper sperm incense inside the red cloth and take a rubber band to tie it off into a little ball. You’re going to start cleansing your own or your significant other’s body with the red ball of cloth as if it were soap. Start from the head and work your way down to the toe. You will ask for everything that you or your significant has on that’s negative to be taken off of them or yourself, and then take the aluminum foil and lay it out on the floor. Put the bag on it, and light it on fire. Look for shapes in the flame (such as animals or the initials of an enemy.)
Days 3, 4, and 5
To prepare the bath:
- Mix the six viles and the Florida Water together with the cascarcilla and the white flower petals for three days with water from the kitchen sink.
- Shower normally with the Florida Water soap.
- When you’re about to get out, ask everything negative, (such as ill will sent your way or witchcraft), to wash away. Let it air dry.
- Put the charcoal over a burner, then once it’s ready, you will know because the charcoal will turn red, put it on a pan and sprinkle the incense by Botanica Havana over it. You can pass it over your body and over all four corners of your home.
- Ask that any negative energy be picked up by the incense to go away. Do this for three days.
Tip: Before you leave the house, using the cascarilla, you can put a cross on the extremities, (hands and feet), of your body and on your forehead. You can also put a cross on the palms of your hands, clap, and say, “one, two, three,” and then shake it off. Do this while you’re inside of your own home.